Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A blog I could have REALLY liked...

So I've looked through about five or six different blogs, and I found my favorite--which is unfortunate since it is no longer being updated. Jennifer Mattern's nakedpr.com has an appropriate mixture of sarcasm and saltiness for an industry that sometimes seems to exude rosiness.

Mattern certainly doesn't mince words when it comes to different PR campaigns and industry standards. Postings are well-infused with wit and honest deprecation without going beyond the bounds of honest and careful analysis. Although it may come across to some as shameless self-promotion or martyrdom, Mattern's blog seems to give the industry an collective gut-check.

I especially like her "bad pitching and bitching" section, which devotes a full page to bitching over bad PR and advertising pitches. What sets this apart from other bitch sessions is that Mattern gives a fix to the bitch as well. What's not to like?

I can respect that Mattern wants to move from PR and make writing a top priority. As a former English major turned PR major I can't blame her for wanting to write more, whatever the format. My only qualm now is that I won't be able to link to nakedpr from my BlackBerry. Sigh.

1 comment:

Brendan said...

*I would like to apologize for splitting my verb...